My name is Shamay – I'm a startup product manager, science communicator, and neuroscience researcher.
With Brain Street, the goal is to break down concepts from cognitive neuroscience to be more accessible and applicable to everyday life.
Think of this as the opposite of pop psychology - I strive to be accurate and skeptical in how I interpret the science. Here's the pitch: I'll handle the hours of research and you get the key takeaways without any of the work.
So far, I’ve touched on music, learning, memory, ethics, metaphors, attention, creativity, time, flow states, metacognition, brain-computer interfaces, tools for thought, and even poetry. There's really something for everyone.
Here are a few posts of mine that people have enjoyed:
- The Definitive Guide to Music for Productivity
- On ultradian rhythms and aligning your day to them
- Biological WiFi: Emerging Science of Energy-Based Therapies
Friday Brainstorm Newsletter
Friday Brainstorm is a bi-weekly newsletter where I unpack the science behind everyday experiences. My hope is that readers walk away with a better understanding of why their brain works the way it does.
I spend a lot of time consuming content related to neuroscience — whether it be academic research, books, articles, podcasts, shows, you name it. This newsletter is an outlet for me to share anything that warrants your attention.
In any given newsletter, you might find some combination of:
- any longer pieces I’m writing ✍️
- powerful concepts from books I’m reading 📚
- unfiltered thoughts on an app/startup 📱
- deep dives into an topic area from multiple angles 🤔
- quality content recommendations 📦
- my take on the latest neuroscience research findings 🧠
- possibly even a life update or two 🌱
No matter what — I promise to keep it short, simple, and always interesting. You can sign up below:
10 Second Bio
Product Manager at Linus Health.
New York City native.
Princeton University grad.
Favorite online writer: Tim Urban
Favorite book: Stand Out of Our Light